Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
Hyrule Warriors is the latest game from The Legend of Zelda franchise, one of Nintendo’s most iconic and longest running game series to date. This game doesn’t carry the name The Legend of Zelda before the title because it takes place outside the main storyline’s complex (and quite confusing) timeline. Regardless, it carries over some of the most well-known characteristics from The Legend of Zelda games, such as the main hero being Link, Princess Zelda being one of the main players in the plotline, grass-cutting to acquire health and money, and even the iconic treasure-acquiring scene that has been instituted in the games since the series began.
The main plotline of the story is that the Guardian of Time, who has watched over the many different dimensions, has fallen in love with Link in each of these dimensions (the dimensions being three of the main series’ games-Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword). Link, along with a vast array of characters from the series’ games, have to fight against the main villain, Cia, who was once the Guardian of Time who watched over the different dimensions, but now is trying to conquer them all and rule as the almighty-oppressor of time & space. The main storyline is fantastically written and very easy to get wrapped up in. And seeing all the characters conjoin from the many different games is entertaining, as it has never happened before in the main series.
The play style of the game is similar to another game franchise-Dynasty Warriors. The player will control the character in a third-person perspective and will have to fight through hoards of monsters. As this may sound difficult, the combo system allows the characters to defeat countless monsters at once, so fights can seem to end quickly,but by trying all different combos, the player can rack up K.O.s and defeat even more enemies! Each character has their own unique fighting style, weapons and abilities. For example, Zelda fights using her rapier using normal combos, but if you power her up with light energy (one of her abilities) her combos change and she begins to use light magic for her attacks; Midna (a character form Twilight Princess) on the other hand can destroy an enemy and gain dark energy to power up her attacks, but her combos remain the same, regardless if she is energized of not.
This game has received many good reviews. As long as you enjoy multi-man brawlers and The Legend of Zelda series, this game is recommended. It is also recommended for fans of the Dynasty Warriors franchise because the play style will be familiar, just with a whole new array of playable characters. And the game is still growing, with a DLC out now and others soon to come! Hyrule Warriors is an excellent game to play and it is two-players compatible, so anyone can join in and play along with you. All in all, Hyrule Warriors is a game that has gorgeous graphics, a great storyline, awesome play style and a great cast of characters.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More The Scribe News Articles
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SCRIBE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
- The Scribe Online Podcast - Police Militarization, School Shootings, and...
- T.I. Releases His Ninth Studio Album
- Houdini’s best trick is... disappointing its audience
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Improves The Series!
- Mary Lambert Wears Her Heart On Her Sleeve
- Swingin' With The S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum