When is it time to end a relationship?
He Said, She Said
As people, we are not always open to change but change is not always a bad thing. This is the case for changes in the weather, graduating school, starting a new job and letting go of a relationship that has run its course and just doesn't work anymore. Guys, it's a fact that we tend to allow ourselves too comfortable in a routine but after a while that can get stale and that's when it's time to call it quits.
Sometimes a relationship may just need a tune-up or it may be time to end it all, the question is, how do you know which situation you are dealing with. When you no longer look forward to seeing your partner, but you instead dread spending time with it, then guys it may be time to let the relationship, or what is ever left of it, go.
If you've found that the time you spend together is no longer as fun or interesting as it used to be, but unpleasant and no longer stimulating but just routine then that's a sign that what the two of you have shared has come to an end. If you have come to that point, you want to make sure that you have carefully thought it out and that there is no other choice than terminating the relationship.
When it does get to that time, you want to carefully make sure that you have discussed it and that it is something that you both can agree on. However it's nothing that should cause stress, it's a natural progression.
If you do choose to end things, make sure that you really cut things and try to avoid falling back into that comfortable situation. This includes the oh-so-famous "break up sex" while it may seem like a good idea at the time, it really only complicates things for both of you. When you end it, end it—because if you don't, that will only make it more difficult to move on and to not see her as your girlfriend but just your friend.
All change is not bad but most change is worth a little worrying. Make sure you're sure on whatever decision you make and that you're able to stick to it. Life is complicated enough; let's make breaking up that much easier.
I can hardly believe the semester is finally coming to a close. Classes are wrapping up and finals are well upon us. For graduating seniors, this time of the year is stressful, nerve-wracking as well as exciting. Change is everywhere you turn, and it is impossible to not be experiencing a sense of it in the air. Once seniors grab their diplomas and throw their caps towards the sky, there is no turning back. Everything is about to change; students are moving on to bigger and better things, whether it be a new career, moving out and living on your own, or deciding on staying in a current relationship or moving on. Just because a new chapter of your life begins, does that mean you must start fresh in all aspects of your life, including your love life? It's a touchy subject, but with all these new doors opening it may be one you have to consider.
Some graduates may feel it is time to close the college chapters of their lives, and it is imperative that their current college relationship follow suit. No one can blame you for wanting to start every aspect of your life fresh and new! You are ready to go out into the world and experience new things, new places and new people. You might be starting your new career, which will expose you to plenty of new potential dates that share your same passions and interests. You may not feel that your current college relationship is going to last, so why hold yourself back? Go out there and find what you are looking for!
Don't let all this talk of uncertainty and feelings of doubt fool you, a college relationship can withstand the test of time! If both partners are willing to work at it and keep the relationship alive anything is possible. [The two of you lasted all four years of college filled with scandals and drama; therefore you have pretty much beaten the odds already; bravo]! Many married couples meet in college, and it is quite possible your love can make it down the aisle too. The two of you might be heading down different career paths [and maybe even different areas of the country!], but love can conquer all, and I truthfully believe this is so. Don't be discouraged, if your relationship is of upmost importance you will be able to work something out [maybe create some sort of visitation plan, traveling to each other's neck of the woods every once in a while], and it can be a worthwhile and fulfilling relationship! Either side you are swaying to, this should be a rewarding as well as exciting time of your life; make the most of it while you still can! [P.S. Congrats to the class of 2011! :)
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SCRIBE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
- The Scribe Online Podcast - Police Militarization, School Shootings, and...
- T.I. Releases His Ninth Studio Album
- Houdini’s best trick is... disappointing its audience
- Mary Lambert Wears Her Heart On Her Sleeve
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Improves The Series!
- Swingin' With The S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists