Top five Halloween costumes that should not have been made
Halloween is best known for the frightening or cute costumes worn to parties or for Trick or Treating, but there is a line that should be drawn when deciding what to wear. The following costumes may be insulting or their existence odd or unnecessary.
5. Optimus Prime Sassy Deluxe Women's costume-
Optimus Prime- the epitome of honor, pride and loyalty has been inspiring men and women of all ages for decades to be better people, but this latest product of "TF: Dark of the Moon" represents none of this and shows more skin than the Autobot himself would like to see. It includes a mini-skirt, strapped dress and a windshield design that obscenely covers the breasts.
4. Electrical Plug and Outlet-
This couples costume is thankfully for adults but still obviously insinuates sex. Both the male and female costumes are unflattering and boring, the female's having two large electrical outlets printed over the chest and groin, while the male's half is nothing but a cumbersome plug that lies over the groin and a cord flowing behind.
3. Mexican Man on Donkey-
Overall, this costume is incredibly racist to anyone of Hispanic heritage and not funny, despite what some may think. This outfit portrays a man sitting on a donkey, complete with a rainbow-colored poncho, unrealistically long mustache and a stereotypical sombrero. Even the donkey looks upset that this costume exists.
2. WWII Female Evacuee-
This child's costume references a calamitous time that many wish they could forget. The young girl on the packaging wears historic garb with stockings and a small satchel, but what makes this costume that of an evacuee is the inclusion of an evacuee tag attached to the coat collar. Scarily, the child model looks happy and is posing; nothing at all what would be realistic during a time of war.
1. Child Suicide bomber-
Another incredibly racist costume, this outfit is scarily designed for children to portray themselves as an Islamic suicide bomber. Blocks of crudely designed TNT are strapped to the child's chest, complete with detonator and modified keffiyeh. The fact that this is aimed at children and is one of the most racist costumes to emerge from recent international turmoil makes this one of the most offensive costumes to exist.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses