Top five Halloween costumes that should not have been made
Halloween is best known for the frightening or cute costumes worn to parties or for Trick or Treating, but there is a line that should be drawn when deciding what to wear. The following costumes may be insulting or their existence odd or unnecessary.
5. Optimus Prime Sassy Deluxe Women's costume-
Optimus Prime- the epitome of honor, pride and loyalty has been inspiring men and women of all ages for decades to be better people, but this latest product of "TF: Dark of the Moon" represents none of this and shows more skin than the Autobot himself would like to see. It includes a mini-skirt, strapped dress and a windshield design that obscenely covers the breasts.
4. Electrical Plug and Outlet-
This couples costume is thankfully for adults but still obviously insinuates sex. Both the male and female costumes are unflattering and boring, the female's having two large electrical outlets printed over the chest and groin, while the male's half is nothing but a cumbersome plug that lies over the groin and a cord flowing behind.
3. Mexican Man on Donkey-
Overall, this costume is incredibly racist to anyone of Hispanic heritage and not funny, despite what some may think. This outfit portrays a man sitting on a donkey, complete with a rainbow-colored poncho, unrealistically long mustache and a stereotypical sombrero. Even the donkey looks upset that this costume exists.
2. WWII Female Evacuee-
This child's costume references a calamitous time that many wish they could forget. The young girl on the packaging wears historic garb with stockings and a small satchel, but what makes this costume that of an evacuee is the inclusion of an evacuee tag attached to the coat collar. Scarily, the child model looks happy and is posing; nothing at all what would be realistic during a time of war.
1. Child Suicide bomber-
Another incredibly racist costume, this outfit is scarily designed for children to portray themselves as an Islamic suicide bomber. Blocks of crudely designed TNT are strapped to the child's chest, complete with detonator and modified keffiyeh. The fact that this is aimed at children and is one of the most racist costumes to emerge from recent international turmoil makes this one of the most offensive costumes to exist.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SCRIBE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
- The Scribe Online Podcast - Police Militarization, School Shootings, and...
- T.I. Releases His Ninth Studio Album
- Houdini’s best trick is... disappointing its audience
- Mary Lambert Wears Her Heart On Her Sleeve
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Improves The Series!
- Swingin' With The S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists