The Real Endings to Disney Movies
Disney is all about teaching kids happy endings and finding true love. In fact, even if the original story is gruesome and sad, Disney will twist it around to make it seem like life will always end on a positive note. The real endings to these Disney stories will not only shock you, but also might ruin your childhood as well.
1. Sleeping Beauty
In the 1959 Disney film version, Princess Aurora gets pricked on her finger by a cursed spindle and ends up in deep sleep. Prince Phillip comes to the rescue and defeats the evil witch that cursed Aurora with the spindle. Phillip's kiss breaks the spell and Aurora gets out of her deep slumber. They married and lived happy ever after. In Charles Perrault's version of the tale, the princess ends up sleeping due to prophesy and she ends up being awake to find herself as a mother of two kids. That's right; she was raped in her sleep by a king.
2. The Little Mermaid
Disney ended this tale with Ariel changing from a mermaid to a human and marries Eric. They have a beautiful wedding as both humans and merpeople attended the ceremony. In Christian Andersen's version of the mermaid tale, Ariel originally had to kill the prince in order to change back to a mermaid. (Also since he was marrying a princess that she hated as well.) But she couldn't bring herself to do it so she jumps back into the ocean and dies by turning into sea foam.
3. Snow White
In the movie, the evil queen tries to kill the dwarfs by crushing them with a boulder, but ends up falling to her death after lightning strikes the cliff she was standing on. In the original brothers Grimm's version of the story, the wicked queen was actually punished by dancing to death while wearing red – hot iron shoes.
Cinderella ends up being with her prince charming after showing him the proof of her identity by fitting into the glass slipper. The prince and Cinderella have a wedding and live happily ever after. There are multiple endings to this fairy tale, but the sinister version of this story comes from the Grimm bothers themselves. In their version, the step sisters cut off parts of their feet in order to be able to fit into the glass slipper and try to fool the prince. The prince however realizes their trick as two pigeons peck out the step sister's eyes. The step sisters live as blind beggars while Cinderella becomes a princess.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SCRIBE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
- The Scribe Online Podcast - Police Militarization, School Shootings, and...
- T.I. Releases His Ninth Studio Album
- Houdini’s best trick is... disappointing its audience
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Improves The Series!
- Mary Lambert Wears Her Heart On Her Sleeve
- Swingin' With The S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities