He Said: Spring Is Here
So now that the dreaded winter season is over, and for the snow lovers out there, we will miss it so much. Spring is here, nice regular weather that we can actually look forward to and it is preparing us for summer as well. Even though we as students of the University of Bridgeport live near the sea, we have to deal with the highs and lows and the most random times of the day. At least the weather is starting to become warm from day to day. This is not the time to just be in your room for the whole day, that is if you have homework or a project to do, which would suck because of not enjoying this beautiful weather we are progressively having.
Spring, when defined in this manner, can start on different days of the months in different regions. In the USA and other regions in the Northern Hemisphere, around the 21st of March is probably the day when the first day of spring is marked. In South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, spring begins on September 1st. In Ireland, spring starts around February 1st, but according to the meteorologist in Ireland the whole month of February is a part of winter.
Spring is a season of regrowth, rebirth and renewal. You see the plants and trees grow their colorful leaves and the animals come out and entertain us humans to thank these little things for lightening our day. One event that anyone is looking forward to is Labour Day, a day in celebrating the social and economic achievements of the labour movement. This season is special for having Easter, an important religious Christian day when Jesus was resurrected.
It is actually enjoyable of knowing the fact that you're seeing people outside doing things or just relaxing with the weather. People are actually starting to come outside and are playing football, soccer, Frisbee and maybe cricket. Some people may even head to the beach to catch a tan, play volleyball or to swim. When you take your walk or playing sports, you encourage others who are watching you and your friends play the sport to join the fun and have a good time. Spring is about having the best time outside with family and friends doing things that you will remember for years to come.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SCRIBE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
- The Scribe Online Podcast - Police Militarization, School Shootings, and...
- T.I. Releases His Ninth Studio Album
- Houdini’s best trick is... disappointing its audience
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Improves The Series!
- Mary Lambert Wears Her Heart On Her Sleeve
- Swingin' With The S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum