What Grinds My Gears...About Going Back to School
In this first issue of "What Grinds My Gears," I've asked students what bothers them the most about being back in school. From being a newbie to getting fined, these students had a lot to say about what ticks them off.
"What grinds my gears about going back to school is to try and adapt to the work load all over again." – Noelle Charles, Freshmen
"… trying to start all over again and being fresh meat. I miss being a Senior." – Toyin Ben-Shidah, Freshmen
"Waking up early for morning classes and not having time to eat breakfast." – Mabel Oppong, Freshmen
"…not being able to stay up late and blog on Tumblr."– Rachelle Jeanty. Freshmen
"Homework and nasty cafeteria food." – Sabreen Abdullah, Sophomore
"The amount of money that I spend on buying room necessities, books for classes, in addition to tuition."– Geralda Moise, Junior
"Buying books when teachers only use slide shows." – Devika Hudson, Junior
"The long days, since I've crammed all my classes into three days." – Alysia Virkler, Junior
"Getting fined for dumb stuff like being charged fifty dollars for having an outlet in my room." -Trisha Bartholomew, Sophomore
"The fact that there's no cell phone service and no Wi-Fi in Seeley Hall." –Bella Cullen, Sophomore
Does something really "grind your gears"? Submit your anonymous frustration, with brief supporting sentences, to: TheScribeUB@gmail.com with your full name, year and contact information (for Editors' use only).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SCRIBE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
- The Scribe Online Podcast - Police Militarization, School Shootings, and...
- T.I. Releases His Ninth Studio Album
- Houdini’s best trick is... disappointing its audience
- Mary Lambert Wears Her Heart On Her Sleeve
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Improves The Series!
- Swingin' With The S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!