What Grinds My Gears...About Going Back to School
In this first issue of "What Grinds My Gears," I've asked students what bothers them the most about being back in school. From being a newbie to getting fined, these students had a lot to say about what ticks them off.
"What grinds my gears about going back to school is to try and adapt to the work load all over again." – Noelle Charles, Freshmen
"… trying to start all over again and being fresh meat. I miss being a Senior." – Toyin Ben-Shidah, Freshmen
"Waking up early for morning classes and not having time to eat breakfast." – Mabel Oppong, Freshmen
"…not being able to stay up late and blog on Tumblr."– Rachelle Jeanty. Freshmen
"Homework and nasty cafeteria food." – Sabreen Abdullah, Sophomore
"The amount of money that I spend on buying room necessities, books for classes, in addition to tuition."– Geralda Moise, Junior
"Buying books when teachers only use slide shows." – Devika Hudson, Junior
"The long days, since I've crammed all my classes into three days." – Alysia Virkler, Junior
"Getting fined for dumb stuff like being charged fifty dollars for having an outlet in my room." -Trisha Bartholomew, Sophomore
"The fact that there's no cell phone service and no Wi-Fi in Seeley Hall." –Bella Cullen, Sophomore
Does something really "grind your gears"? Submit your anonymous frustration, with brief supporting sentences, to: TheScribeUB@gmail.com with your full name, year and contact information (for Editors' use only).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age