What Grinds My Gears...About Going Back to School
In this first issue of "What Grinds My Gears," I've asked students what bothers them the most about being back in school. From being a newbie to getting fined, these students had a lot to say about what ticks them off.
"What grinds my gears about going back to school is to try and adapt to the work load all over again." – Noelle Charles, Freshmen
"… trying to start all over again and being fresh meat. I miss being a Senior." – Toyin Ben-Shidah, Freshmen
"Waking up early for morning classes and not having time to eat breakfast." – Mabel Oppong, Freshmen
"…not being able to stay up late and blog on Tumblr."– Rachelle Jeanty. Freshmen
"Homework and nasty cafeteria food." – Sabreen Abdullah, Sophomore
"The amount of money that I spend on buying room necessities, books for classes, in addition to tuition."– Geralda Moise, Junior
"Buying books when teachers only use slide shows." – Devika Hudson, Junior
"The long days, since I've crammed all my classes into three days." – Alysia Virkler, Junior
"Getting fined for dumb stuff like being charged fifty dollars for having an outlet in my room." -Trisha Bartholomew, Sophomore
"The fact that there's no cell phone service and no Wi-Fi in Seeley Hall." –Bella Cullen, Sophomore
Does something really "grind your gears"? Submit your anonymous frustration, with brief supporting sentences, to: TheScribeUB@gmail.com with your full name, year and contact information (for Editors' use only).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections