What Grinds My Gears...About Going Back to School
In this first issue of "What Grinds My Gears," I've asked students what bothers them the most about being back in school. From being a newbie to getting fined, these students had a lot to say about what ticks them off.
"What grinds my gears about going back to school is to try and adapt to the work load all over again." – Noelle Charles, Freshmen
"… trying to start all over again and being fresh meat. I miss being a Senior." – Toyin Ben-Shidah, Freshmen
"Waking up early for morning classes and not having time to eat breakfast." – Mabel Oppong, Freshmen
"…not being able to stay up late and blog on Tumblr."– Rachelle Jeanty. Freshmen
"Homework and nasty cafeteria food." – Sabreen Abdullah, Sophomore
"The amount of money that I spend on buying room necessities, books for classes, in addition to tuition."– Geralda Moise, Junior
"Buying books when teachers only use slide shows." – Devika Hudson, Junior
"The long days, since I've crammed all my classes into three days." – Alysia Virkler, Junior
"Getting fined for dumb stuff like being charged fifty dollars for having an outlet in my room." -Trisha Bartholomew, Sophomore
"The fact that there's no cell phone service and no Wi-Fi in Seeley Hall." –Bella Cullen, Sophomore
Does something really "grind your gears"? Submit your anonymous frustration, with brief supporting sentences, to: TheScribeUB@gmail.com with your full name, year and contact information (for Editors' use only).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Scribe News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE SCRIBE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE SCRIBE NEWS
- The Scribe Online Podcast - Police Militarization, School Shootings, and...
- T.I. Releases His Ninth Studio Album
- Houdini’s best trick is... disappointing its audience
- Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Improves The Series!
- Mary Lambert Wears Her Heart On Her Sleeve
- Swingin' With The S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Dynasty Warriors Presents: The Legend of Zelda
RECENT THE SCRIBE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Are You Eating Enough Vegetables a Day?
- Encryption Technology for Your Privacy
- Get to Know Sarcoidosis: A Complex, Misunderstood Disease
- What Is Million?
- Sugar Gliders, Pangolins & Foxes, Oh My! New Novel...
- Mom Knows Best: Even When Buying a Mother's Day Gift
- What the H? Rhum Finally Arrives to the Cocktail Party
- Study Finds Boomers Are Sinking Their Teeth Into Looking...
- Think Your Data is Safe? Think Again
- Congress Should Make It Easier for Taxpayers Who Still...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere
- Ready for summer? Your next move can save you money, on self storage.
- GSK to Host "Rowing & Cycling Challenge" on World Meningitis Day
- Read the groundbreaking new book from Jeff Selingo, THERE IS LIFE AFTER COLLEGE
- ONE YOUNG WORLD'S ENVIRONMENT SUMMIT: THE ULTIMATE GRADUATION GIFT